Discover a better way to pay. Use your mobile device to get through checkout — quickly and safely.
Making payments with Apple Pay is easy. The entire transaction is secure. Your credit and debit card numbers aren't stored on the device or shared with the merchant. And, if your iPhone® is ever lost or stolen, just use the "Find My iPhone" feature.
You can add your USEFCU credit or debit card to your iPhone, Apple Watch®, or iPad®. Visit apple.com/apple-pay for a complete list of eligible devices and additional information.
To begin, open the Wallet App on your iPhone and tap the plus sign in the upper right-hand corner. Follow the on-screen instructions.
After you've added your USEFCU credit or debit card, it's easy to make it your default payment option.
If your USEFCU card is the first card you enrolled into Apple Pay, you don't have to do anything! It’s already your default card.
If a different card is your current default, just open "Wallet & Apple Pay" (in Settings), click "Default Card," and select the USEFCU credit or debit card in the list of your enrolled cards.
How to Pay
- Look for the Pay Wave® or Apple Pay symbol at checkout and hold your phone near the contactless reader.
- Place your finger on the Touch ID®. Or, you may need to enter a passcode and sign a receipt.
- Keep your phone by the reader until it vibrates and beeps, indicating your payment was accepted.
Apple® and Apple Pay® and Apple Watch® are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
Introducing another great way to pay. Samsung Pay is currently accepted at more places than any other mobile wallet service. It’s secure, easy to set up, and simple to use with your supported Galaxy device. Visit samsung.com/us/samsung-pay for a list of eligible devices and more information.
To protect your information, Samsung Pay uses tokenization. This creates a unique sequence of numbers instead of transmitting your account information every time you make a purchase. The token is encrypted and eliminates the need for the merchant to ever have your actual card data.
To add your USEFCU credit or debit card, you will need one of the supported Galaxy devices.
From the Home screen, touch Apps, then Samsung Pay, and then Install. Simply follow the easy step-by-step on-screen instructions provided.
The default card image may differ from your personalized credit or debit card.
How to Pay
- Swipe from the bottom of the screen to the top to access Samsung Pay.
- If necessary, swipe to the left or right to access the desired card.
- Place your finger on the Home key to verify your identity. If you are using Samsung Pay PIN, touch PIN and enter your four-digit code.
- Place the back of your device against the NFC or card reader on the payment terminal.
Samsung®, Samsung Pay®, Samsung Galaxy S7 edge®, Samsung Galaxy S7®, Samsung Galaxy S7 active®, Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+®, Samsung Galaxy S6 edge®, Samsung Galaxy S6®, Samsung Galaxy S6 active®, Samsung Galaxy Note® 5 and Samsung Galaxy Note® 7 are registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Pay with your phone at more than 1 million stores across the U.S. Google Pay gives USEFCU members more options when paying for things every day.
Making payments is safe when you use Google Pay, thanks to tokenization — the industry standard for secure payments. When you shop at a merchant, Google Pay does not send your actual credit or debit card number with your payment. Instead, it uses a virtual account number to represent your account information – so your card details stay safe.
Visit pay.google.com/about for more information.
Look for the app on your phone. If it is not already preloaded, then download the app from Google Play™ and open it.
If you already use your USEFCU card in your Google account, you can add it to Google Pay by confirming a few details. If not, add your USEFCU card(s) by snapping a picture and following the on-screen instructions.
You're done! The default card image may differ from your personalized credit or debit card.
How to Pay
- Look for the Pay Wave® or the Google Pay symbol at checkout
- Unlock your phone (no need to open the app).
- Hold the back of your phone near the merchant’s contactless payment terminal.
- Your phone will beep or vibrate, and you’ll receive a confirmation that the payment was made.